LIVE Transfer Talk – Chelsea eyes more January spending with Edson Alvarez topping the list

The summer transfer window for Europe’s major leagues has closed. However, focusing on January, there are a lot of rumors swirling around who is moving where. Transfer Talk brings you the latest news on rumors, comings and goings, and of course, completed deals!

Important story: Chelsea’s January spending plan

Chelsea have been enjoying a busy summer transfer window and are ready to stay active when January arrives as they aim to improve their midfield, according to reports. Evening Standard.

They failed in a late bid of £50m to sign Southampton Romeo Lavia – who has not joined the Saints for a long time from Manchester City – having already missed Ajax Amsterdam Edson Alvarez After an offer of 40 million pounds.

They also have a late show for PSV Eindhoven’s Ibrahim Sinjar Refused, even though they brought Denise Zakaria On loan from Juventus.

However, they have not yet given up on recruiting more and Mexico international Alvarez remains their preferred option as they look to reconsider the position in the winter.

There would be encouragement as the 24-year-old told Ajax he wanted to move to Stamford Bridge, although the Eredivisie giants insisted he was unable to leave late out the window.

Chelsea doesn’t stop there. They are also working on signing a 19-year-old attacking midfielder Arsene Zakharian From Dynamo Moscow.

The Blues looked at Zakharian during the summer, but considered it impossible to sign with him due to the sanctions imposed by the West on Russia.

The ongoing invasion of Ukraine has made it difficult to sign players from Russia, limiting the ability to pay transfer fees or for players to move between countries.

Chelsea are ready to work towards a solution in the coming months to see Zakharian join for £12.6m on his release clause.

– Stream on ESPN+: LaLiga, Bundesliga, MLS and more (US)

live blog

08.52 GMT: Manchester City midfielder Kira Walsh She dodged questions about her future at the club amid persistent speculation over a move to Barcelona.

The BBC It was responded last month and Barcelona made a six-figure bid for Walsh that was rejected by City, who are preparing to start the new Women’s Football League season.

However, Spanish champions Barcelona are reported to be returning with an even bigger offer for the 25-year-old, who was the man of the match as England won the European Championship final a month ago.

When asked about her future at a press conference ahead of Tuesday’s game against Luxembourg, Walsh said only: “My focus is on England now.”

08.00 GMT: Former Chelsea and Atletico Madrid striker Diego Costa He is due to arrive in the UK on Tuesday for medical treatment before his proposed free transfer to Wolves Daily Telegraph reports.

And Wolverhampton lost to the strikers in their ranks after Sasa Kalajdic, the summer signing, suffered a knee ligament injury during his first appearance on Saturday, while Raul Jimenez missed the first two games of this season due to a knee injury.

Costa, 33, has been without a club since leaving Atletico Mineiro in January after five months at the club, during which he scored four goals in 15 matches and won the Brazilian League title.

The Spain international is due to undergo a medical on Wednesday, while Wolves do not expect any problems with him obtaining a work permit in the UK.

Costa previously helped Atlético Madrid to the La Liga title in 2014 before embarking on a successful three-year spell with Chelsea, where he scored 59 goals in 120 appearances in all competitions and won two Premier League titles in 2015 and 2017, in addition to the league. Cup in 2015. He left to return to Atlético in 2017 and helped the club to another La Liga title in 2021, but left to return to his native Brazil last summer and join Atletico Mineiro.

Paper Chat (by Danny Lewis)

Alberto Longi He caught the attention of Inter Milan and Fiorentina after the termination of his contract with Perugia, as I mentioned before market transfer. This comes after two years of Juventus’ strong desire to sign the winger and their willingness to make an offer of close to one million euros for the now 19-year-old.

Lil has confirmed who – which Youssef Yazigi He joined Trabzonspor on loan for the 2022-23 campaign. Yazici joined Trabzonspor Academy before joining Lille in 2019 and the Turkey international spent the second half of last season on loan with CSKA Moscow.

– After his previous report, Fabrizio Romano He now said that the Barcelona midfielder Miralem Pjanic It could fly to the United Arab Emirates on Tuesday. Once there, details of a potential three-year deal will be discussed before Bosnia and Herzegovina internationals sign with Sharjah Football Club.

– Lorient completed a signature Yuan Kathleen from Guingamp. the team He explained that the striker joined Ligue 1 after signing a contract that runs until 2027, while Guingamp received €2.7 million with the possibility of €1 million in bonuses.